Re: Level Of Service

>   >I agree with Nick on this one, surely IOL/PostGEM or Tinet/Eirtrade/Indigo
>   >would have been a better choice ?
>
> They would have been -- if they had volunteered. But I haven't heard anything
> from them. We're perfectly happy to entertain proposals from any of the above
> (within certain technical limits, but how or never). Besides I believe ClubI
> are quite close to IOL in terms of network distance (or they used to be
> anyway).

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  The issue is nothing particularly to do
with whether another secondary (belonging to an irish ISP or not) was added
to the IE NS list.  The issues being raised are: a) why was the IEDR forum
only informed of this action as a fait-accompli, and b) are there any
procedures for checking potential secondaries for technical suitability?